Concert Info / FAQ
Date & location
Saturday 22nd January, 2022
2:00pm – 10:00pm
Camp ground opens at 10:00am
1064 Tairua Road, Whangamata
Free buses from The Rugby Club, Aicken Road, Whangamata or you can purchase a parking ticket and drive to the venue.
Kickdown Festival will be run by Kick Down NZ
No. All tickets must be pre-purchased. You must have a ticket to access shuttle bus. You must have a ticket upon arrival at the site. You must have a Parking Ticket if you are arriving by vehicle. There are NO GATE SALES.
You will be refused entry and sent back to the nearest Box Office.
There are NO GATE SALES. Tickets sold online or at Box Offices are sold at full price regardless of the time you purchase on event day.
Tickets purchased from a retail outlet cannot be replaced if lost, please treat them like cash. Tickets purchased online will be delivered in the form of a bar-coded print-at-home PDF ticket; or a bar-coded Passbook ticket (electronic ticket on mobile device). If you are having an issue with your ticket purchased online, please contact:
Yes. A free ride from Whangamata is available to every ticket purchaser. There is also bus services from other surrounding towns Waihi, Whiritoa, Tairua & Pauanui. Tickets for these are available now. BUY TICKETS
The shuttle bus service timetable will be loaded closer to the event.
Buses will continue to run to and from the venue for the duration of the festival.
The shuttle bus will be available to all Festival attendees for a free return journey to and from the Festival.
The shuttle bus will be available on the morning post event to return shuttle bus campers to Whangamata and will return any Parking ticket holders to the site from Whangamata to collect vehicle if they chose to leave the vehicle parked overnight at the site.
You may bring a small handy bag. If camping you may bring a basic camping pack with small tent pack, sleeping bag and pillow.
Please note the prohibited items. You may not be allowed on the bus if you have any of these. See questions below for a list of what you can and can't bring.
Bring / Don't Bring
- Your ticket
- Photo ID
- Sun protection
- Happy Face
- Small hand held bags / backpacks only
The following items are prohibited:
- Alcohol - any alcohol found at the Event Site will be confiscated and will not be returned and the offending patron(s) ejected from Event Site for the remainder of the Event.
- Glass (jars, bottles, containers, mirrors and perfumes).
- Air horns.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind (including potential missiles).
- Illegal substances.
- Nitrous oxide bulbs and canisters.
- Flares, fireworks, sparklers, explosives or any fire twirling equipment.
- Fires and open flames.
- Instruments. (Approved for Camping Ticket holders only)
- Advanced personal vaporizers (or modified APVs) or liquid refills for E-Cigs.
- Flammable liquids.
- Sound systems.
- Portable laser equipment and pens.
- Sharpies, markers, paint cans or paint pens.
- Drones or other remote control devices.
- Couches and chairs. (Small camping chairs are approved for Camping Ticket holders only but not on Event Site)
- Anything studded (ie belts, wristbands etc).
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar).
- Professional photography equipment (eg telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens; stands or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by Event staff to be professional photography equipment).
- Kites or sky lanterns.
- Toy guns, water guns or slingshots.
- Monopods, tripods or attachment sticks (selfie-sticks).
- Skateboards, scooters, wagons, carts, rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, quad-bikes, segways, hoverboards, self-balancing scooters or any personal motorised vehicles.
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency servicedogs).
- Unauthorised solicitation materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, or other promotional items.
- Any other item deemed by Event staff (in their discretion) to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Event organisers.
- Chilly bins / coolers.
No. If you are purchasing a Camping Ticket and want to bring a vehicle you must purchase a Parking Ticket. BUY TICKETS
No. The camp area is set up as a temporary overnight facility. There will be food and beverage available in the camp area. NO open fires allowed.
No. The camp area is set up as a temporary overnight facility. There will be a free water station but no showers.
Camping gates will be open from 10.00am on the show date and must be vacated by midday the next day.
Unfortunately we have no powered campsites available for Kickdown 22.
This is an R18 event so evidence of age will only be accepted by NZ or foreign passport, NZ driver’s licence or HANZ 18+ card.
At the Festival
No, Only cash and eftpos for payments throughout the event. There will be Eftpos machines available if cash out is needed.
No not from the Event Site.
Gates open at 1:30pm with the event finishing at 10:00pm
Kickdown Festival will go ahead rain, hail or shine.
No. Sundown Festival is licensed to sell food & drinks and provides great, well-stocked bars. All vehicles and bags are searched on arrival. Any alcohol will be confiscated.
Jandals or sandals are fine but we highly recommend enclosed footwear as it is a long day.
Found: Please take any found items to Festival staff or hand them in at the Information Booth.
Lost: If you misplace something please check with Information Booth on the day as things will be turned in there.
Unfortunately we do not allow for outside food to be brought onto the site. There will be a great range of food available for purchase. Sealed plastic water bottles (with or without contents) cannot be brought into the Event Site.
Unsealed EMPTY plastic water bottles (no glass) can be brought into the Event Site.
Yes, we have a large variety of food vendors available that will be trading from 10:00am
Yes, there is wheelchair access, surfaces however include metal roadways, grass and dirt covered areas. There are no tar sealed or concrete pathways.
This is an R18 event so evidence of age will only be accepted by NZ or foreign passport, NZ driver’s licence or HANZ 18+ card. The license requires certain conditions to be adhered to, which will be displayed at all bars.
This is an R18 event. You may not enter if you are not 18. The Terms & Conditions on the ticket purchase make this quite clear. If you do not have valid ID you may be refused entry. There is no refund for any tickets purchased contrary to the Term & Conditions
No professional cameras (read: cameras with detachable lenses) are permitted without formal media accreditation. Like wise no audio or film recording equipment can be brought into the Festival.
If you wish to apply for media accreditation, please email email@example.com. You will be advised in due course if your application has been approved. Given the small allocation to the event, we advise you to purchase a ticket if you don't want to miss out.
Please note we can not accommodate students or freelancers not representing a music–related media outlet.
Please email, if you're interested in volunteering at Kickdown Festival. Make sure you include a copy of your CV and all contact details including mobile phone number.
Playing Times & Maps
Playing Times and Maps will be released closer to the event, please sign up to our mailing list and you'll be the first to know.
Unfortunately no, as we are not accepting any more artist submissions for the 2022 Festival.