Bike Info / FAQ
Date & location
20th – 23rd January 2022
1064 Tairua Road, Whangamata
Kickdown Festival will be run by Kick Down NZ
Weekend Pass - Includes camping, Ride the Loop & major prize draws, entrant’s only concert, Stampede & Bike Show, major concert entry
Weekend Passenger Pass - Includes camping, Ride the Loop & major prize draws, entrant’s only concert, Stampede & Bike Show, major concert entry
Friday Day Pass – Includes Ride the Loop & major prize draws, entrant’s only concert
Friday Day Passenger Pass - Includes Ride the Loop & major prize draws, entrant’s only concert
Saturday Day Pass – Includes Stampede & Bike Show
Entry pass information was released with the Festival line-up announcement. All pricing options and info is here > BUY TICKETS
No. All tickets must be pre-purchased. You must have a ticket to access shuttle bus. You must have a ticket upon arrival at the site. You must have a Parking Ticket if you are arriving by vehicle. There are NO GATE SALES.
You will be refused entry until you purchased an Entry Pass online
Yes – Register at Williamson Park (Surf Club) from 7:00am - 9:00am
There are NO GATE SALES. Tickets sold online or at Box Offices are sold at full price regardless of the time you purchase on event day.
Entry passes cannot be replaced if lost, please treat them like cash.
Bring / Don't Bring
- Your entry pass
- Photo ID
- Tent, sleeping bag & pillow if camping
- Sun protection
- Happy Face
- Small hand held bags/backpacks only
The following items are prohibited:
- Alcohol - any alcohol found at the Event Site will be confiscated and will not be returned and the offending patron(s) ejected from Event Site for the remainder of the Event.
- Glass (jars, bottles, containers, mirrors and perfumes).
- Air horns.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind (including potential missiles).
- Illegal substances.
- Nitrous oxide bulbs and canisters.
- Flares, fireworks, sparklers, explosives or any fire twirling equipment.
- Fires and open flames.
- Instruments. (Approved for Camping Ticket holders only)
- Advanced personal vaporizers (or modified APVs) or liquid refills for E-Cigs.
- Flammable liquids.
- Sound systems.
- Portable laser equipment and pens.
- Sharpies, markers, paint cans or paint pens.
- Drones or other remote control devices.
- Couches and chairs. (Small camping chairs are approved for Camping Ticket holders only but not on Event Site)
- Anything studded (ie belts, wristbands etc).
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar).
- Professional photography equipment (eg telephoto lenses; any lens over 20cm; any detachable lens; stands or other commercial equipment or anything deemed by Event staff to be professional photography equipment).
- Kites or sky lanterns.
- Toy guns, water guns or slingshots.
- Monopods, tripods or attachment sticks (selfie-sticks).
- Skateboards, scooters, wagons, carts, rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, quad-bikes, segways, hoverboards, self-balancing scooters or any personal motorised vehicles.
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police or emergency servicedogs).
- Unauthorised solicitation materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, or other promotional items.
- Any other item deemed by Event staff (in their discretion) to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Event organisers.
- Chilly bins / coolers.
Ride The Loop
The ride is approximately 230km.
This is not a race. Entrants have 4-8 hours to complete the ride.
Whangamata, Tairua, Whitianga, Coromandel Town, Thames, Kopu-Hikuai, Whangamata.
Yes you can however they must have a Passenger Pass if camping at Joe’s Farm to attend the entrant only concert & prize draw on Friday night. BUY TICKETS
Each motorcycle will be fitted with a mall RFID transponder which will record electronically record the time taken to ride the loop on Friday 21st January. A random draw of the time taken for the ride will be made at the Entrant’s Only concert at the venue after 8pm on Friday 21st January 2022. The entrant with the closet time to the randomly drawn time will win $10,000. If more than one winner is found then the prize money will be split between the winners. A second random time will be drawn and if an entrant(s) recorded time matches the drawn time exactly to 100th of a second then they will take home the major cash prize. If more than one winner is found then the major cash prize will be split between the winners.
Only registered bike entrants with a Weekend or Friday pass can attend the concert.
Yes, you can register at Williamson Park (Surf Club) from 7:00am – 9:00am on Saturday 22nd January 2022
Yes, however bikes must be pushed to the nearest exit point and MUST NOT be ridden through the pedestrians.
You will need to buy a ticket for the concert before you leave Whangamata. You can do this online from this website or from a ticket booth in Whangamata. There is public parking for your bike at the concert but parking is at your risk. BUY TICKETS
Bike Entrant Camping
No. The camp area is set up as a temporary overnight facility. There will be food and beverage available in the camp area. NO open fires allowed.
Camping gates will be open from 2pm on 20th January 2022 and must be vacated by midday the January 23rd.
Yes, 1 bike per campsite.
No, only registered campground entrants are permitted into the camping area.
Unfortunately we have no powered campsites available for Kickdown 22.
This is an R18 event so evidence of age will only be accepted by NZ or foreign passport, NZ driver’s licence or HANZ 18+ card.
At the Festival
Kickdown Festival will go ahead rain, hail or shine.
No. Kickdown Festival is licensed to sell food & drinks and provides great, well-stocked bars. All vehicles and bags are searched on arrival. Any alcohol will be confiscated.
Jandals or sandals are fine but we highly recommend enclosed footwear as it is a long day.
Found: Please take any found items to Festival staff or hand them in at the Information Booth.
Lost: If you misplace something please check with Information Booth on the day as things will be turned in there.
Unfortunately we do not allow for outside food to be brought onto the site. There will be a great range of food available for purchase. Sealed plastic water bottles (with or without contents) cannot be brought into the Event Site.
Unsealed EMPTY plastic water bottles (no glass) can be brought into the Event Site.
Yes, we have a large variety of food vendors available that will be trading from 10:00am
Yes, there is wheelchair access, surfaces however include metal roadways, grass and dirt covered areas. There are no tar sealed or concrete pathways.
This is an R18 event so evidence of age will only be accepted by NZ or foreign passport, NZ driver’s licence or HANZ 18+ card. The license requires certain conditions to be adhered to, which will be displayed at all bars.
No professional cameras (read: cameras with detachable lenses) are permitted without formal media accreditation. Like wise no audio or film recording equipment can be brought into the Festival.
If you wish to apply for media accreditation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be advised in due course if your application has been approved. Given the small allocation to the event, we advise you to purchase a ticket if you don't want to miss out.
Please note we can not accommodate students or freelancers not representing a music–related media outlet.
Please email, if you're interested in volunteering at Kickdown Festival. Make sure you include a copy of your CV and all contact details including mobile phone number.
Playing Times & Maps
Playing Times and Maps will be released closer to the event, please sign up to our mailing list and you'll be the first to know.
Unfortunately no, as we are not accepting any more artist submissions for the 2022 Festival.